This class is about teaching Open Cascade, which is an open source 3D graphics programming platform that can be used to make unique design apps.
Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT) is an object-oriented C++ class library built on top of the OpenGL graphics library and designed to make it easy to make CAD/CAM/CAE applications for a specific field quickly.
With this class, students will learn how to make two- and three-dimensional shapes and topologies with Open Cascade.
Seven modules make up the course. It covers all the c++ classes and modules in Open Cascade that are needed to make 3D models and make the 3D environment work.
- We will learn about the structure of the open cascade and its different parts.
- we will learn a visualization module to implement a 3d viewer in the application.
- How to make two- and three-dimensional shapes and topologies with Open Cascade.
- We will learn how to make basic 3D models with commands like extrude, sweep, loft, and so on.
- We will learn how to show 3D topology objects in the viewer window and how to make our own interactive objects.
In this class, we will learn how to use the data management framework of the open cascade to make parametric models and manage 3D topology data.
We’re going to learn how to import and export 3D models, so we can use them.